For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, NUFCFANS Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data)..
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you from the online form when you conduct an enquiry in the Enquiry section of the website. Information such as your name, address, requirements for trade and your company information will be asked when you complete the online form. All data will be stored in the UK.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources such as credit reference agencies in the UK or abroad which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us carry out our due diligence and secure the process of diligent International trade as well as improve and personalise our service to you).
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- 1 ) To help us identify you and any accounts and trading history you hold with us
- 2 ) Administration
- 3 ) Statistical analysis
- 4 ) Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing/selling preferences
- 5 ) Marketing–see ‘Marketing and opting out’ below
- 6 ) Fraud prevention and detection
- 7 ) Billing and order fulfilment
- 8 ) Due dilligence
- 9 ) Customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- 10 ) To notify you any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
- 11 ) Security vetting
- 12 ) Improving our services
- 13 ) Obtaining market knowledge, and the requirement of the purchaser/vendor of the relevant commodity
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email about your enquiry, our services, further information,which may be of interest to you or NUFCFANS Limited.
We may also share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you, unless you have asked us or them not to do so, by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email, other your enquiry, our services, further information,which may be of interest to you or NUFCFANS Limited.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- 1 ) Other companies within our group
- 2 ) Our agents and service providers (eg providers of web hosting or maintenance services)
- 3 ) Due Diligence agents–see ‘Due Diligence’ below
- 4 ) Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- 5 ) Our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures15 to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- 1 ) Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- 2 ) We store your personal data on secure servers
- 3 ) Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
To enable us to carry out adequate due diligence and/or make credit decisions about you for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the premises with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- 1 ) Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- 2 ) Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- 3 ) Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
- 4 ) Give consent to the processing of his or her commodity requirements
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally. We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a ‘cookie’, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons, for example:
- 1 ) To recognise you whenever you visit this website
- 2 ) To speed up access to this website so you do not have to log on each time
- 3 ) To store your personal preferences and commodity requirements
- 4 ) To build a profile about you
- 5 ) To better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: aboutcookies.org
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries outside the UK, within Europe or any other continent of the world, for the purpose of fulfilling the contract of sale or to assist international trade. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract which will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
Kindly note that the EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- 1 ) Put your request in writing
- 2 ) Include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving license or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- 3 ) Attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to NUFCFANS Limited at the address shown below.
- 4 ) Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- 1 ) Put your request in writing
- 2 ) Provide us with enough information to identify you for example, account number, username, registration details.
- 3 ) Specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- 1 ) Put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- 2 ) Provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details)
- 3 ) If your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone) please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at our Registered Address.
Our registered office is:
NUFCFANS LIMITED (INTERNATIONAL)
68 LOMBARD STREET